Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cherish the date nights

Cherish the date nights, the movies, the nice restaurants, because you know that once a certain little someone joins the party, there won't be much of those niceties to enjoy, at least for a while.

So this evening when I started feeling sluggish and lazy at home, instead of suggesting we stay home this Valentine's Day and save money, I slapped on some eyeliner and my heels (after discovering my going-out-boots no longer fit my thickened calves) and we went out to dinner.

So glad that we did, because we had a delectable meal at our favorite SF restaurant, Boulevard. And each bite was that much more scrumptious for knowing that our fine dinning days are numbered.

As D day approaches, I keep thinking about all the things that suddenly won't be an option. Even things that I don't even do, but always think about doing. I gotta get to them now before it's too late! For example I want to go visit all the museums before the baby comes. We've lived in SF for 2 years, and I've yet to step into the De Young or the MOMA. Shameful, considering I was an Art major! Then there's all the live music yet to listen to. Going to a live jazz performance on Fillmore is definitely on my to-do-list.

And of course, there's just time to spend with my husband. Just the two of us time. I know that it will be a whole new kind of beautiful with baby. But for now, I'm savoring the last few months of me and him time. It will never be like this again. Even right now with both of us on our laptops in the dinning room sitting in silence–maybe the few last slices of real quiet we'll get. I can't believe after all these years, we're having a baby.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry dear, you can still have takeaway truffle linguini - fine dining at home ha! :-) When I eventually come to visit I'll cook you a delectable meal myself! xx

    ReplyDelete