Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A week ago

Pretty much a week ago to this minute I had just finished writing my last blog entry and had gone to lie down for a nap before I went to pick up my friend from the train station, when I heard a POP which was followed by an overwhelming sensation around my cervix. I knew my baby was coming soon, but I had no idea it was going to be THAT afternoon.

It's funny that in my last post I wrote that ready or not it was showtime, because shortly after writing those words that's exactly how it went down. Ready or not, I was having my baby.

After hearing the pop of my water breaking, a mere 3 and half hours or labor followed and before the end of the work day my son was on my chest, all slithery, slimy and beautiful. Since then it's been a week of bliss, cocooned in the warmth of our home with this new life integrated so perfectly into our existence.

He is so perfect in every single way. And suddenly it's so clear to me, that everything that has happened in my life, every "right" and "wrong" decision, has lead me to this moment, to him and that all of it, absolutely all of it was meant to be.

I'll be sharing my birth story soon. Feels a bit like picking up the pieces of a dream, making sense of it, despite how short it was. This surreal time suspended, like a bridge, between before and after birth. I want to share it as precisely as I can account for. I try and go through it in my head everyday in fear that I might forget some small detail.

A week ago I birthed my son and became a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment